Tuesday, July 7, 2009

You Wear WHAT While Swimming?

Since the boyfriend got his ouchy, there's been little time for Becca to do her jogging. So little time, in fact, that I've completely forgotten about Costa Rica at the end of this month. We have an all expense paid trip there AND I have gained weight by not being active (I'm active - just not athletically so). I heard that July is the rainy season for Costa Rica but I am thinking it's not like the rainy season in the Bay Area. I won't be able to hide behind layers, big boots, and scarves. No, all my wobbly bits will be out for the world to see in a teeny, tiny bikini. Le sigh.... Curse you American Society! If this were Europe, I would be hot!! Saggy boobies? No problem, go ahead and let them out on the beaches of Spain. Wrinkles? Pish posh, move to France and you'll be considered wise, intelligent. Ohhhhh places that don't require a firm waist and perky breasts, how I love you.

2 comments:

  1. This is brilliant!! So, so true. I feel the same about my skin tone. I always thought that if only I could've been born in the Victorian Age. I'd be a freakin goddess. But, no. In the stupid 21st century, having healthy, naturally pale skin is seen as sickly and pasty. Yet, funny thing, those with tanned, orangey skin who are actually NOT healthy, are seen as so damn hot. UGH!!!! Ok, now I'm peeved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I am all about the white skin. I think it's hot! Tanning is really big in the valley... It kind of freaks me out. It wasn't that big back in California - - and shouldn't that be THE place for tanners? Tanning's out, white, skin cancer free skin is in!

    ReplyDelete