Friday, September 4, 2009

September Slump

I don't know what it is about this week but I have not wanted to go jogging. I have the time and the energy, plus the weather is perfect, but I just don't have the passion. I think it's because I've developed a new habit - - coffee and cop shows. In the past, I wake up, am thirsty, slap on some running gear, grab a couple of glasses of water, and then head out the door for a jog. Recently, however, I wake up, am thirsty, grab a couple of cups of coffee, and sit in front of the tele scanning USA for whatever cop show they're playing. Today it was Monk. Yesterday, it was Law & Order: Criminal Intent. Both are pleasing. By doing this, I end up sitting in front of the t.v. for two hours rather than working out and/or studying for the GRE's. Sometimes, I fold laundry or run the Roomba so I can feel mildly productive but the rest of the time, I just work on getting the sleep out of my eyes. Why is that bad habits are so easy to make while good ones are so tuff? If we're really created in God's image, he's one lazy SOB.

No comments:

Post a Comment