Friday, August 21, 2009

Save The Drama For Your Mama

My parental units were in town this weekend for their thirtieth wedding anniversary and my cousin's wedding in NYC. While they were here, I didn't do much jogging but somehow I still feel fit and trim. I think it has to do with all the prep work before and after the wedding. Since the boyfriend broke his leg, I'm the one that carries the luggage and the massive Williams & Sonoma gift around Manhattan, the one that cleans the house for parental inspection, and the one that picks up all the dry cleaning. The up and down with the luggage - on the bus, off the bus, onto the elevator, off the elevator - the in and out with the recycling - the clinging boxes full of bottles down one, two, three, four, five steps and then back up one, two, three, four, five steps for the next load - really toned my arms and legs. I even lost and inch or two around the waist from my sister's wedding as I wore some of the same outfits but they were much looser than what they were back in May. Since things have calmed down, however, I have returned to my regular jogging schedule. I'm losing a lot of water weight with this heat... the air is so thick you can cut it with a knife. And of course, there's still the putting away of dishes, the folding of clothes, and the cleaning of the bathroom that the boyfriend can't complete. I feel like this toned arms and legs thing will be around for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment