Sunday, October 24, 2010

Baby, It's Cold Outside

So I have been making use of my tennis shoes for more than just ankle support and there's one thing I've noticed about jogging in the cold: it hurts like a f*cking b. Every inhale in is like daggers to the lungs. Every exhale is just as bad. With the weather like this, I don't even break a sweat. It could be that I am not trying very hard... details.

I have incorporated hill running into my daily jogs which has presented an even bigger challenge. Yes, they are necessary... But they're also hard. And the hills, which are small to walk and/or drive up, seem to get bigger and steeper when running. Pack on a couple of layers and a windbreaker and I might as well be the Michelin man climbing that hill. At least my ponytail is super cute & perky.

No comments:

Post a Comment