Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Change Of Plans

I am unsure whether or not I posted that I have moved my marathon from October 2009 to October 2010 (as I am too lazy to check). Well, I have. I am being a little honest with myself and know that the months I took off to help the boyfriend severely set me back AND that I wasn't doing that well to begin with. I am taking the extra time, running a few more races, and will be extra prepared for the October '10 race. Plus, this gives me more time to save some dough (Mom, if you're reading this, I would be more than happy to start a savings account for the trip in your name.... with your money. LOVE YOU!). The races that I will be running this year include a 5K at the end of the month (in a ZOO! Monkeys throwing poop at you is a great motivator), another half, and maybe the Goofy Run in Florida. That one we still have to think about since the hotels are super expensive outside of Disney World (hey Moooooooommmm). Besides that, I really have to find out where to go surfing on the East Coast... And how expensive that is. I don't want to pass up the opportunity to be good at something. Plus, when I get to the shore after surfing, I'll run from the sharks that think I'm a seal and indirectly be training for my marathon. Win win.

No comments:

Post a Comment