Sunday, August 2, 2009

Luster for the Lag

What is it about travelling that completely poops you out? I travelled the entire day this past Wednesday and feel like I am not quite awake today. The hours to Costa Rica weren't that different, just three, but the travel time it took for us to get home... Ouch. We were far out on the Costa Rican coast, took an hour and a half to reach Liberia airport, rode a plane for the three hours, fought in customs for two hours, road another plane for three more hours, fought with the luggage attedent and paking gaurd, drove home, and went to bed at three in the morning. Thursday came around and I felt like I ran into a cement truck. Friday came and it was more of a brick wall. Saturday and Sunday, however, it's maybe being hit by a small SUV or large sedan. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to wake up when the alarm goes off, rather than snoozing for an hour, and jog. After all, how lame is it that I ran more on vacation than at home? Stupid jet lag... Do you have to rub it in that I am four years to thirty??

No comments:

Post a Comment