Saturday, January 24, 2009

You Have GOT to be Kidding Me

I may have to re-think this fitness video plan. Firstly, even though all the blinds were down, I felt like the neighbors could see my turkey drumstick legs and chicken wing arms flailing all over the place. Secondly, the videos made me feel like I never completed YEARS of gymnastics, or YEARS of yoga, or even YEARS of step aerobics. That's right, step aerobics. My coordination was way off on simple things like the bunny hop and even more off on difficult items like the v-step. The v-step was a step out with arms going up like a v but for Rebecca, that translated to the physical equivalent of quantum electro dynamics. If physics were in action form, it would be fitness DVD’s. When the leader called out, “Make sure to have control over those abdominal muscles,” I couldn’t help but to think to myself that my abdominal muscles went out for a pack of cigarettes four years back and never returned. The abdominal muscles were replaced by a cookie dough receptacle, which is not as attractive but has had severe staying power. And what is this control thing I keep hearing? If I had control over any form of my life, and that includes my floundering limbs and muscles, I wouldn’t be on this little mission to run a marathon. Duh Kami, you oh so attractive fitness leader, how could you not know that? I think you should take your control, your little tiny shorts, your toned arms, and shove it.

Who am I kidding? Tami, I’ll see you tomorrow for exercise number two.

1 comment: