Saturday, April 11, 2009

Run Fatgirl Run

Running is hard and every time I do it, I feel like Simon Pegg in Run Fatboy Run. I get halfway around the track and I’m winded, craving a Marlboro. Then, my shirt pulls up just enough to expose my wobbly bits known as my stomach. It's not as hairy as Simon Pegg's but the size is comparable. I do make it around the track a couple of times - enough to feel slightly good yet depressed all the same. It wasn't the distance I originally set out to run, but at least I ran. I smugly walk off the track as my Indian landlord yells at me. Ok, that last part doesn't happen but I do have trouble running and I do remind myself of Simon Pegg. My first run after the ten-day pause was horrible. I usually take comfort in the fact that while I am not a professional athlete, I look adorable in my running gear (always important). But that day, I just looked swollen. I am sure my left butt cheek is twice the size of my right butt cheek and it really showed on Thursday. Furthermore, running around the track was comparable to a terrorist attack. I was sweating, confused, and in serious pain. The mucus made it all the way up to my eardrums for a throbbing effect. Pump pump pump pump. Fiberglass replaced my fleshy lungs and they hurt so much, they itched. I have never heard of itchy lungs before. Then, later in the evening, my ankles ached. So, after this cheerful blog, I am out to do it again. Yay?

2 comments:

  1. Sinan and I just watched that movie last week. It was awesome and we totally were joking that Simon Pegg was you, running down the street and stopping for some ciggies. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, before or after I posted this? Cause if that was without instigation, that's not good. :)

    ReplyDelete