Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Three Days to Lift Off

Let's recap, shall we? I have three days until my first half marathon. In fact, this will be my first athletic event since high school (I really don't count that day in college step class where I had to perform my personally choreographed step moves). The "trainer" suggests that we run three miles, walk a mile, run three miles, and so on. I am so game to that plan. I know it will be tough haul but I can run three miles at a time. At least for a little while.

The forecast, however, is in my favor. The local paper is calling for rain (here rain, heeeerrrreee rain - sorry, I digress) and I do much better in cooler weather than the hot stuff. Warm weather results in an uncomfortable, ornery Becca covered in heat rashes. I don't want blisters AND a heat rash! Anyhoo, wish me luck. And meet me at the finish line with some Vodka.

3 comments:

  1. 3 DAYS?! text me when you cross the finish line and I'll send you a cross-country toast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MANGO VODKA SMOOTHIES for SURE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good call Eppler, good call.

    ReplyDelete