Sunday, April 19, 2009

Want to Go Jogging With Me?

I ask my "trainer" about five times a day if he wants to go jogging with me. He almost always answers no. Then follows up with why - I am too slow. Harsh. And besides, speed's not everything. Think the tortoise and the hare. The other day, however, I did convince him to run with me and we made our way down to the track. Upon arrival, we discovered legitimate athletes using the track. I wasn't about to run in front of people that had muscles and fitness so we made it over to the local park. Unfortunately, it was a BEAUTIFUL day out and loads of people were in the park. I hate running in front of an audience. I only display the wobbliness of my wobbly bits to a select few. Plus, I push harder than what I do if no audience. After a massive jog in record time, I wanted to die. I was looking forward to the next day when the track would be free.

The next day came and I made my way to the track.... still in use by the physically fit people. What? Why aren't these people in doors? Come on, be like the rest of us! Show offs. Rather than heading to the park, I decided to run home. After all, it was hill running practice. And so I jogged and jogged and jogged and THEN I fell. I tripped over a freaking pine cone and my weak ass ankles gave out!! Personally, I blame the real athletes. And the pine cone. I always knew nature had it out for me.

1 comment:

  1. Poor Becca! Gazelles do have weak ankles though, so need to be extra careful.;)

    ReplyDelete