Friday, May 15, 2009

Running in the Sun

All right, here comes my first run after the half marathon. How did it come that it took me so long to start running again? The week after the race, my body was zonked. Since then, however, I don't really have an excuse. My sister's wedding is next week which is good motivation to start running again. I need to remove that layer of blubber around my gut and shape up my arms in order to show them off in all my dresses. Operation lose fifteen pounds in five days commenced! Come on, you know we all want that ability.

Before running, I had to clip the chip off my sneakers. It's the end of an era... Ok, not really. It's the start of a whole new one.

After returning from the run, I have to admit, it wasn't that bad. I only did a mile and a half to ease my way back into it but probably could have done more. There's always a could have, should have, would have. The heat was getting to me (it was supposed to rain today! what's with this sun?) so I decided to call it a day.

Once in the house, I did some yoga to help stretch the old limbs and now I'm off to shower before heading to the neighbors for some grub. I hope it's fish. I like fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment