Friday, July 3, 2009

A Cure For What Ails Ya'

I've had sleeping issues where I wake up several times throughout the night and am more exhausted in the morning than what I was before bedtime. We alleviated one part of the problem with an automatic feeder for the cat. In theory, it's supposed to feed her five times a day including a session at midnight and five in the morning. These are her noisiest times so we were pumped about the purchase. Unfortunately, she thinks of the feeder as the "Magic Food Box of Terror" and cowers whenever it makes the whirly sound signaling a change of compartments. It takes her about two hours after the sound to gain courage and eat the food. This means two straight hours of meowing.
Besides the cat, I am pretty sure I have sleep apnea. I was telling my boss that I made a doctor's appointment for the issues and she went off on what drugs I did and did not need. Apparently, a time release pill is the best for me and it may or may not be called Ambien (I really can't remember - there were a long list of drugs). If I would ever like to "try it out," her handbag doubles as a pharmacy and she has plenty in stock. It's nice to know that others have similar issues BUT I'd like to get to the cause of the sleeping problems, not just the cure.

No comments:

Post a Comment