Saturday, July 18, 2009

Start, Pause, Repeat

I like the way most of my blog titles are "After A Brief Pause" or "Back in the Saddle." How many times do I stop running and then re-start? I've discovered that being athletic and constantly working out is HARD. When I signed up for the company Weight Watchers program at Cengage nearly two years ago, I made jokes to my co-worker that I would have to quit my job in order to complete the recommended work out sessions. In order to get more than one Weight Watchers point, I had to work out for two hours. Who has the time to work out that much every day? After a nine hour work day with an hour and a half commute one way, the last thing I wanted to do was work out for TWO hours. And now that I don't have a full-time job, but a series of part time ones, I still find that I don't have the time to run as much as I would want. Instead, I would rather sit on the couch in front of the television playing a game of "I don't know, what do you want to do tonight" with my significant other. In theory, that time wasted could have gone to a short run. So maybe it's not the time but the commiment to running. Apparently, I'm afraid of commiment on more than one level.

No comments:

Post a Comment