Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A Brief Pause

What is it about the weekend that prevents any form of working out? This past Sunday I spent most of my time walking around Philly with my fabulously hip friend but besides that, I last worked out on Thursday. The cat had an emergency visit to the kitty hospital Friday night, which meant a follow up Saturday morning. After the stress, we of course had to treat ourselves to bacon, coffee, and eggs. The breakfast of marathon champions. On Mondays, I always feel like I've been hit like a bus which means I go to bed early after guzzling down whatever meat products I've prepared on the Foreman Grill. Tuesday is my day to get back into my routine, however, we had an Xbox mishap this morning. The many remotes confused me preventing the streaming video from Netflix to reach our big screen. With all this technology, you would think I could get a machine to work out for me. Alas, since it's not reliable, I take comfort in the fact that Terminator will never happen. But if it did, would I be able to run from the machines? Running in a marathon is, at the very least, preparation for the potential apocalypse. That's motivation for me to start training again this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment