Friday, March 27, 2009

Bringing My A Game

One of the nice things about having a cat is that sometimes it wakes you up early in the morning giving extra time before work. After feeding Gabby and sending her out to hunt the morning bird, I've set down to blog and jog. Running has not been easy. I am trying very hard to ignore that I am not a runner and have never been as I am determined to become one - - and a good one at that. Not just one that runs from the cops or to the fridge but a proper athlete. And so I press on. But pressing on has produced this cough that the boyfriend calls "runners cough." It's a lot like smokers cough but apparently better. He says it stems from not doing enough aerobic exercise and so while my muscles might be in tiptop shape, my lungs aren't. The good news, however, is that my lungs will get into shape a lot quicker than my muscles did. That is good news. I have five weeks to run 13 miles. Given the time, I have to step things up a notch. On the weekdays, I will now run in the morning and the evening with yoga before bedtime. Let's see if this helps whip my lungs into shape. Take that body.

No comments:

Post a Comment