Saturday, March 21, 2009

So This Is What Death Feels Like

We might want to hold off on that Rocky music for a little while - - I am not as fit as I thought I was. Today (drum roll please) I went for my first jog.... Shortly after, I wanted to die. In the beginning, everything was great. I did my little stretches, had my favorite running pants (they shrank in the wash and don't quite reach my ankles anymore but still work), and though I couldn't find my running watch, I thought I could wing it well enough. I bounced down the back steps, trotted across the grass, and was on my way. Ahhh the wind in my hair and the sun on my face. Such a lovely experience. For the first five seconds. After that, my ankle felt like it was going to snap in half, I turned to go up a hill which caused serious spleen pain, and I am pretty sure I pulled a calf muscle. All this from being outside for twenty minutes. And I didn't even run the entire time. I think I ran five whole blocks. Shit, I would be impressed if I ran five blocks. I did, however, burp up my falafel sandwich a couple of times. That made me kind of hungry. I really wonder if this marathon thing is going to work out. Despite my first try, I hope it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment