Monday, March 9, 2009

Losing It

I lost nine pounds!! And without even really trying. I was unaware of this since the last time I stepped on a scale was in December. I do feel a bit trimmer but I still have my wobbly bits so I didn't think I was doing much good. Although it makes sense. I've been working out three days a week since Jan and eating fairly well. I cut out the take out, have been cooking at home, and eating organic. We signed up for an organic delivery service (puresprouts.com) as I read an article that eating organic increases nutrient absorption by 25%. This is super important for lovely ladies, such as myself, who don't drink milk but get their calcium from cheese and yogurt. Moreover, lettuce is sprayed with pesticides more than any other fruit or vegetable and is the main component in salads. Since women eat more salads than men, we ingest those chemicals more often. Ew. I am a salad eater. Keep those cancer causing agents away from me. So anyhoo, I lost nine pounds! And I eat less chemicals than I did before! This is one small step for my marathon running, one giant leap for the Rebecca. Small victories on a Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment